Pet Insurance Links
What to look for in a Pet Insurance policy?
Before the decision is made on the best policy for your dog or cat, it is important to consider a number of different factors:
- Is the brand reputable, who is the underwriter and the administrator?
- Does the policy fit with your budget?
- Are there any age restrictions?
- What are the different excess levels available?
- Does cover cease or reduce once the pet reaches a certain age?
- What are the annual benefit limits for different conditions?
- Is there any waiting periods? What conditions fall under these?
- What are the inclusions and exclusions
- Dental Illness — a number of brands charge extra for this
- Cruciate ligaments
- Pre—existing conditions – what classifies this?
- How difficult is it to claim and how quickly are claims settled?
Insurance company links:
Also Check with your house contents insurance company, some can cover your pets at an extra cost.
Loss of a Loved Pet
Some helpful sites to help with the recent loss of a loved pet.
Some more useful links from Public Health Corps
How to Collect a urine sample from my Cat
Some help on this tricky job!
Australian Canine Cancer website. The aim of this site is to provide owners with one point where they can find relevant information about cancer in their canine companions.
Lost Pet Finder
Lost Pet Finders’ unique ‘Pet Alerts’ system allows you to quickly reach out to the best people in your area who can help. Members of our ‘Pet Network’ include shelters, pounds, vets and councils, and our extended options allow you to contact almost everyone within a defined area.